A little about me:
I am an Information Security enthusiast with coursework and professional background ranging from systems administration (RHEL & Windows Server) to network security and cryptography. I earned my Bachelors in Information Systems with specialization in Network Security from Stony Brook University. Currently, I am employed at Cerner Corporation as Systems Engineer.
Profile of Skills:
Information Security: Snort, OSSEC, CISCO SA series, Wireshark, and Kali Linux.
Systems Administration: Windows Server 2008 R2, Debian, and Red Hat Linux.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/7/8, CentOS Linux, RHEL, Debian, and Ubuntu.
*Medical Information Systems: *Cerner iBus and Millennium deployment and maintenance.
Languages: Python, Visual Basic.
Social Skills: Organization, leadership, coordination, time management, and bilingual.
University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, MD Fall 2013 – Present
Master of Science in Cyber Security
Expected Graduation: 2016 Current GPA: 4.0
*Stony Brook University, E Setauket, NY December 2012 *
Bachelors of Science in Information Systems
Specialization: Network Administration and Security
Honors and Accomplishments:
Packet-fu with Python Scapy, Cerner Python – September 2014
Survey Paper on TPM Vulnerabilities – Spring 2014
Class project and presentation on “Breaking WPA Encryption” – Spring 2012
The Diplomat Award, Alfred State College Residence Life – Spring 2010
* *Work Experience:
Systems Engineer, Cerner Corp., Kansas City, MO January 2013 – Present
- Acquire technical working knowledge of Cerner’s Millennium and iBus products.
- Provide recommendations to better secure Protected Health Information.
- Provide support to troubleshoot and resolve problems with Cerner iBus systems.
Assist management in training new associates.
I-T Support Intern, Health Solutions Plus Inc., Melville, NY December 2011 – 2012
- Acquired technical working knowledge of HSP’s products.
- Configured and managed Firewalls and Intrusion Prevention Systems.
Desktop and server systems maintenance.
- Teacher Assistant, Data Communication and Networks, Fall 2012
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery, years 2010-13
- Member, The Linux Foundation, year 2013 – Present
- Director Information Technology and Security, SUNY Student Assembly, year 2010-11